CRIS Rural Mass Transit District
615 E. Voorhees, Danville, IL 61832
Essential Job Functions
• Performs routine clerical and accounting tasks in accordance with standard procedures including accounts receivable, accounts payable, and other financial paperwork.
• Maintain all accounting records and appropriate workpaper as assigned and in accordance with auditing and funding guidelines and regulations.
• Receive and deposit of all money in appropriate account with necessary receipts and documentations.
• Assist in the preparation and maintenance of documentation for fiscal reports for Funders and the Board of Directors.
• Prepare checks for disbursements with appropriate documentation.
• Prepare billings as assigned and as appropriate with individual contractors, utilizing guidelines set out in each individual contract.
• Act as backup in preparation of payroll and submission of appropriate tax reports in accordance with state and federal laws and auding guidelines.
• Maintain accrued vacation and sick leave records.
• Maintaining inventory records of equipment and other capital assets.
• Assist in the preparation of reports for annual fiscal audit.
• Assist in the preparation of reports for any monitoring visits from our funders.
• Assist with HR functions
• Learn dispatch system to assist when needed
• Participates in special projects as required, by the CEO or CFO.
• Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
• Accounting Functions
• Strong computer skills including the internet
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Data entry
• Problem solving
• Reconciling bank accounts to accounting software
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Confidentiality of HR and financial data
Required: Associates Degree with 5+ years in accounting, business management and personnel supervision
• Must have a valid Driver’s license, dependable transportation, and current auto insurance.
• Must pass background check.
• Must be able to travel to and participate in meetings at different locations as may be assigned or required.
• 40-hour work week
• Compensation is dependent on experience.
• Drug screen required
Apply in person at 615 E. Voorhees St., Danville, Il 61832 or fill out application below and send to: Nicole Dowling, CEO: [email protected]