CRIS Rural Mass Transit District CFO
Reports to: CEO
The CFO of CRIS Rural Mass Transit District oversees the maintenance of all accounting records and appropriate work papers in accordance with auditing and funding guidelines and regulations. This includes the receipt and deposit of all money in appropriate account with necessary receipts and documentations. The CFO also prepares all fiscal and program reports for Funders and the Board of Directors. Must be a visionary to support the agency’s growth.
Essential Job Functions
1. Assist in performing all tasks as requested by CEO necessary to achieve the organization’s mission.
2. Train the Leadership Team and other staff on raising awareness and knowledge of financial management matters including, the drafting of programmatic budgets, and determining cost effectiveness of service delivery.
3. Advise the CEO on programmatic design and implementation matters.
4. Ensure adequate controls are installed and that substantiating documentation is approved and available re: all policies and such that all purchases may pass independent and governmental financial and policy audits.
5. Provide the CEO with an operating budget. Work with the CEO to ensure programmatic success through cost analysis support, and compliance with all contractual and programmatic requirements.
6. Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the organization including: organizational revenue/expense and balance sheet reports, reports to funding agencies, development and monitoring of organizational and contract/grant budgets.
7. Oversee all purchasing and payroll activity for staff and participants.
8. Attend Board meetings and maintain official records.
9. Ensure adequate cash flow to meet the organization’s needs and monitor banking activities of organization.
10. Oversee the production of monthly reports including reconciliations with funders and pension plan requirements, as well as financial statement and cash flow projections for use by the Executive management, as well as the Board.
11. Assist with providing financial details for grants.
12. Oversee Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable and ensure a disaster recovery plan is in place.
13. Oversee Human Resource functions including business insurance plans and health care coverage analysis.
14. Oversee the maintenance of the inventory of all fixed assets.
15. Work closely with agency auditors on annual audit and compliance with appropriate fiscal requirements and regulations.
16. Become proficient with the ECOLANE Transit software and the Black Cat Accounting program through IDOT.
17. Assist with dispatch when needed.
18. Maintain employee records and assist CEO to ensure compliance with laws and regulations regarding unemployment comp, workers comp, personnel administration, and other personnel matters that may be assigned.
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
Associates Degree with 5+ years in accounting, business management and personnel supervision
Specialized Skills and Knowledge
Must have good verbal and writing skills.
Must have working knowledge of computer operation, either by experience or documented training.
Must have a valid Driver’s license, dependable transportation, and current auto insurance.
Must pass background check.
Must be able to travel to and participate in meetings at different locations as may be assigned or required.
35-hour work week
Compensation is dependent on experience.
Drug screen required
Paid Holidays/Vacation Days
Please send all resumes to Nicole Dowling, CEO: NicoleD@ruraltransits.org
CRIS Rural Mass Transit District is an EOE